[vtkusers] Dicom reader..

Mathieu Malaterre Mathieu.Malaterre at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Oct 21 03:44:28 EDT 2003

yasser salman wrote:
> hi Mathieu..,
>
> i built VTK/Utilities/DICOMParser and add vtkDICOMParser.lib in LINK_LIBRARIES at CmakeLists.txt and include the vtkDICOMImageReader.h
> but the following error occured..
> BrainVolView.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkDICOMImageReader * __cdecl vtkDICOMImageReader::New(void)" (?New at vtkDICOMImageReader@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
> Debug/BrainVol.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
> Error executing link.exe.

Without your *real* CMakeLists.txt I will be of no help...
Just a guess, don't specify the lib extension:

LINK_LIBRARIES(
	vtkDICOMParser
)

BTW you shouldn't specify explicitely, there is a var meant to be used
instead:

FIND_PACKAGE(VTK)
IF(VTK_FOUND)
   INCLUDE(${VTK_USE_FILE})		<--- do everything !
ELSE(VTK_FOUND)
   MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR
           "Cannot build BrainVolView without VTK.  Please set VTK_DIR.")
ENDIF(VTK_FOUND)

HTH
mathieu