[vtkusers] filter volume by isosurface

Berk Geveci berklist at nycap.rr.com
Mon Oct 20 15:32:49 EDT 2003

You have a few ways of (kind of) doing this:

1. Clip the volume with vtkClipDataSet or vtkClipVolume with a
scalar value to generate unstructured data. The output dataset
will include hexs (cells that are not touched by the isosurface)
and tets (cells that are clipped by the isosurface).
2. Use vtkThreshold to generate unstructured data. The output
dataset will include only hexs.

The problem with both of the above solutions is that you end
up with unstructured data and you can no longer use structured
data filters.

-Berk