[vtkusers] Can t find package vtk

Benjamin King king.benjamin at mh-hannover.de
Mon Oct 20 12:33:15 EDT 2003

Hello Harald,

> i tried to run any tcl example i just installed on my pc (win xp, vtk
> 4.2, tcl 8.4) from cd-rom
> but i get always the same error message:"Can 't find package vtk". the
> path environment variale should be o.k.  as i checked it.

You should execute the examples with vtk.exe, not wish.exe. To do this
automagically, right-click on any .tcl-file in the explorer window. You can
change the application that is used by default in the properties dialog. It
won't be harmful to call other tcl scripts with vtk.exe.

cheers,
  Benjamin

--
Benjamin King