[vtkusers] Modelling->finance.cxx

Jeremy Winston jbw at ieee.org
Sat Oct 18 08:38:50 EDT 2003

bob green wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I run the example finance.cxx provided by kitware, it compiles and
> links no problem, but asks me to "Please specify the executable
> file"..?  and so i get no real output..

Bob,
     If MS Visual C++ created a finance.exe file, then try running it from
the command line.  E.g., Start->Run, enter "cmd.exe", change directories
to the one that contains the finance.exe file, enter "finance.exe".
If you are prompted to define your VTK_DATA_ROOT environment variable,
enter
      set VTK_DATA_ROOT=C:\VTKdata
(or wherever you put your vtk data files).

> What am I supposed to be seeing here..?   I just ran the finance.dsp
> file that CMake created..

Something like the attached.

HTH,
-Jeremy