[vtkusers] FindCell and Delaunay3D

John Clyne clyne at ncar.ucar.edu
Thu Oct 16 19:06:18 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm using vtkDelaunay3D to tetrahedra-ize (I made that word up) a bunch o
unstructured points. I'm then attempting to interpolate the resulting mesh
onto a spherical (structured) grid. Problem is that FindCell() doesn't seem
to reliably return cells for points I know to be within the convex hull of
the unstructured points. It acts like there are wholes in the mesh. Most of
the points have hits, but not all. In fact, if I provide a seed cell I get
differerent results than if I simply specify a NULL seed to each call to
FindCell.

Any ideas?

cheers - jc

John Clyne (clyne at ncar.ucar.edu)
1850 Table Mesa Dr. Boulder, CO 80303 USA
1.303.497.1236