[vtkusers] Dicom reader..

Mathieu Malaterre Mathieu.Malaterre at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Thu Oct 16 08:57:53 EDT 2003

yasser salman wrote:
> hi all.,
> i'm using vtk under VC++ ver 6.., i already read a Dicom volume using
> vtkimageReader directly , but i must convert the file name from
> MR.1.2.840.113619.2.1.12611.1892445148.2.16.1049194722.dcm to
> MR1 or mr001 to be suitable for image reader , so i'm asking how i can use vtkDICOMImageReader (it is stable or not?) just download the files .cxx and .h and put them in IO directory only and then include them in my project or i have must rebuild all vtk (can i rebuild them separetly).. thanx for any help..

Yasser,

	vtkDICOMImageReader rely on a lib parser, which you can find in:

	VTK/Utilities/DICOMParser

	If you don't built it, you won't be able to built vtkDICOMImageReader.
And I would say that the reader is stable. But keep in mind that this
lib only read std DICOM files -no vendor specific or broken /DICOM/ files-

HTH
mathieu
BTW: update you ML mail : vtkusers at vtk.org