[vtkusers] questions on vtkDelaunay3D

Ramesh R rameshr at jhu.edu
Wed Oct 15 04:54:06 EDT 2003

I'm using vtkDelaunay3D for the triangulation of about 3000 points in
space (corresponds to atoms of a molecule). I'm using the C++ interface
and am rendering the mesh in addition to performing aspect ratio (R/r)
calculations on the tetrahedrons.

I'm getting weird results when playing with the values of tolerance and
alpha shapes. When I increase the value of alpha the rendered mesh appears
coarser but when I look at the grid (and the mesh.vtk file) there are more
number of tets than for lower alpha value.

I also dont get any change in results when I modify tolerance from 0.01 to
0.1 or even 0.5, when, actually I should expect very few tets on
increasing tolerance

Has anyone used vtkdelaunay3d successfully? Any idea what might be going
wrong in my case?

Thanks,
Ramesh

vtk version 4.2.2