[vtkusers] Building VTK with MinGW

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Oct 15 04:52:29 EDT 2003

Hi Vincent,

[snip]
    VN> I've post a small tutorial on compiling VTK with mingw ... it
    VN> should work with VTK 4.0 ... but i've not updated it for newer
    VN> versions ... but it might be of some help ...
    VN> http://www.tele.ucl.ac.be/~nicovic/

This is a naive question since I'm new to cross-compiling for Win32.
Will the Python/Tcl/Java wrappers work if built with mingw32?  Is this
a viable alternative to using MSVC to build VTK on Win32?  If so will
the DLL's work from vanilla Python/Tcl/Java or do you need a separate
mingw32 version of Python/Tcl/Java as well?

Essentially, it would be nice if you could let us know what is the
downside with building dlls using mingw.

Thanks!
prabhu