[vtkusers] Normals and Triangles

Vtk_Newbie mayur_vtk at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 14 20:24:08 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I am trying to read data from a file and display it. The data in the file is

1) vertex co-ordinates of triangles , 2) normals at each vertex

eg:

vertex1[x]  vertex1[y]   vertex1[z]   Normal[x]      Normal [y]        Normal[z]

All values are in world/object space.

Now, i  read these coordinates and made triangles (vtkTriangle) out of them and renderered them.... there are a lot of gaps in the object renderered. I am thinking, that is because  I have just not done anything with the normals, frankly because I dont know what to do with them.

Can someone help with this?....How do I make use of the normals ?

Mayur