WG: [vtkusers] vtk/python/swig: data type error

Tue Oct 14 04:14:53 EDT 2003

Hi Yi-Yu,

> I am trying to pass a vtk object from python to my
own C++ class,
> but I got a data type error message :

>    File "My_Reg.py", line 42, in set_OriImg
>    def set_OriImg(*args): return
apply(_My_Reg.Reg3D_set_OriImg,args)
>   TypeError: Type error. Expected _p_vtkImageData

> void Ref3D::set_OriImg(vtkImageData *img) {

This could be an error in the vtk wrappers that
David found while helping me to resolve a related
issue. Please read his message on "Re: [vtkusers]
vtk, Python and SWIG - 'state of the union'" and
check out the most recent version of vtk from the cvs.

If that didn't help, feel free to ask again - I'm
fiddling with neraly the same thing,

Mark