[vtkusers] vtkDICOMImageReader

Chris Scharver scharver at evl.uic.edu
Fri Oct 10 10:23:42 EDT 2003

At 1:55 PM -0400 on 07/30/2003, Brad King wrote:

>If you manually re-enable the build of this class, please keep in mind
>that unless the problems with it are fixed by the contributors, it will
>NOT BE INCLUDED IN VTK's NEXT RELEASE and will be removed from the source
>tree completely.

Have problems with vtkDICOMImageReader been addressed? I just tried to use vtkDICOMImageReader with a cvs build from last night, and I'm not having any luck on MacOS X. I only have about 5MB of data, but vtkDICOMImageReader::Update() keeps churning along for a lot longer than I would expect for a simple set of data. It eventually killed my shell. :)

I suppose I should just convert all the images into PNG or TIFF instead?

Chris
--
Chris Scharver
Electronic Visualization Laboratory