[vtkusers] Re: Mayavi on MacOSX error: libvtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

Dr. Daniel James White PhD dan at chalkie.org.uk
Thu Oct 9 07:00:58 EDT 2003

Hi Adrian,

I tried running
pythonw /Applications/MayaVi/MayaVi-1.2.cvs20030927/mayavi
from the VTK/lib dir where the libvtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.dylib is.

I got a bus error....... don't even know what that is...?

anyone know... I seem to remember discussion about bus errors recently
on the mayavi list?

my screen depth is millions on an iMac LCD 15"

cheers

Dan

On Thursday, October 9, 2003, at 01:52 PM, Adrian Umpleby wrote:

>> _tkinter.TclError: dyld:
>> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Resources/
>> Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python can't open library:
>> libvtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.dylib  (No such file or directory,
>> errno = 2)
>>
>> [daniel:/Applications/MayaVi/MayaVi-1.2.cvs20030927] dan%
>>
>> This file is present in my VTK build, but seems to have not been
>> installed in the right place  by make install, or something like
>> that. The file is there, but isn't being seen by tkinter or
>> something...?
>
> I have the same problem when using MayaVi with Aqua TkInter.
>
> I can only get it to work if I start from a directory which contains
> libvtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.dylib.
>
> What I normally do is start from my home directory, where I have a
> link called libvtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.dylib which points to the
> real one.
>
> With regard to the colour of the cone - are you using screen depth of
> thousands? (I remember getting slightly odd colours with MayaVi in
> this case.)
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> Adrian

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Cell Biology
Department of biological and environmental science
PO Box  35
University of Jyväskylä
Jyväskylä FIN 40014
Finland