[vtkusers] 3D Text with accents and other caracters.

Christophe Franco cfranco at amsatec.fr
Thu Oct 9 03:46:47 EDT 2003

Hi everybody,

I have to display text annotations in 3D views. I'm using vtkVectorText,
with a vtkFollower to keep the text always facing the user.

The problem is, vtkVectorText seems very limitated. It does not accept
accents for example, which is a major problem for me (the software is
designed to be used mostly in French).

Is there any other way to display text on a 3D view ? I don't really
need 3D models of the caracters, as I said I want them to be always in
front of the user, so 2D is enough. But I want to be able to put them at
any X, Y, Z coordinate.