AW: [vtkusers] FW: Stopping rotation.

de Boer Ingo I.deBoer at polytec.de
Tue Oct 7 09:43:38 EDT 2003

Hi Rupert,

> > Does anybody have any ideas as to how I can prevent a user from being able
> > to rotate an object in a render window, yet still allow scaling and
> > translation?

Make your own "vtkMyInteractorStyle" based on e.g. vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera.
Like this:

#include "vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera.h"

class vtkMyInteractorStyle : public vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera
{
public:
	static vtkMyInteractorStyle *New();

	void OnLeftButtonDown();
	void OnLeftButtonUp();

protected:
	vtkMyInteractorStyle();
};

vtkStandardNewMacro(vtkMyInteractorStyle);

vtkMyInteractorStyle::vtkMyInteractorStyle() : vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera()
{
}

void vtkMyInteractorStyle::OnLeftButtonDown()
{
}
void vtkMyInteractorStyle::OnLeftButtonUp()
{
}

Add the interactor to your renderer, like
m_pvtkWin32RenderWI->SetInteractorStyle(m_pvtkMyInteractorStyle);

greets
  Ingo