AW: [vtkusers] CMake and relative path names ?

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Mon Oct 6 09:55:20 EDT 2003

CMake supports out of source builds, so full paths are the default.
./vtkSpline.cxx only works for an in-source build.  It makes it much easier
to deal with paths, if we just full path all of them.   Also there is not
an easy discrimination between "system" and project paths in CMake while
it is running.   Although, it could be done, it would be of limited use
because most projects would not move any way.  So, it would be a sort
of half feature that sometimes worked, and documenting/ detecting the cases
where it would work would be hard and confusing.

-Bill