[vtkusers] build vtk dynamic shared library to a relative path

Eleanor Zhou ezhou at gene-networks.com
Thu Oct 2 22:40:07 EDT 2003

Hi all,
How do I build vtk dynamic shared libraries to a relative path instead of an absolute path using cmake.
I tried changing the  LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH to "lib", but I got errors like:

Building shared library ilb/libvtkpng.dylib...
/usr/bin/libtool: can't locate file for: -lvtkzlib
/usr/bin/libtool:file -lvtkzlib is not an object file(not alowed in a library)

Those errors are not seen when using an absolute path.

Development envir: MacOSX, Darwin.
VTK version : Latest

Thank you.

Eleanor