[vtkusers] vtkImageActor - changing display extent pb persists

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Thu Oct 2 15:57:47 EDT 2003

Hello Dean,

We use vtkImageActor this way in VolView and it works fine. Are you certain
that you move the camera to point down the X axis when you make the change
in your display extent?

Also, you need to ignore the comment about Set/GetZSlice and
GetWholeZMin/Max - these method are implemented only for looking at XY
slices (where Z is really Z). So don't use those to set your slice if you
are viewing down another axis - but setting the display extent (and
changing it to another axis) should work just fine.

When you say that image actor is not updating properly - does this mean
that you can see the X and Y slices, but not after you have viewed a Z slice?

Lisa