[vtkusers] Cmake problems

bob green lost_bits1110 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 17:54:50 EDT 2003

Alright.. so like I said, it worked, but now I tried running several
examples..
So far, in Tutorial, all Steps 1 through 6 work  except for Step 3, where
CMake just freezes and I have to Ctrl-alt-del.
I also tried the Medical example, and the Data Processing example, those
also freeze...
Why would some freeze and some don't??

When I run CMake, I just specify the folder where the cxx file is in the
"where to find the source" field, and I put the same folder in the "where to
build the binaries" field..
Then press Configure, (I leave everythign as is) and press OK to generate..

Does this sound right? It freezes always after I press Configure..

Also, I noticed in my environment varialbes, i have put the following and
I"m not sure if its right:
under 'User variables' I put
Variable = PATH and Value = C:\VTKbuild\bin\Debug;%PATH%

I noticed there's also a
VTKBUILD variable with value C:\winbin\bin\Release
which I'm not sure was there from before or if it automatically got put
htere somehow........?? (VTKBUILD is the folder name for where I initially
specified to build my binaried when first using cmakesetup)

Anwyyas...
I dont knwo why certain freeze on me..

Also I remember I specified to use the static libraries and not the shared
libraries when first setting up CMake.. could this also make a difference??
I think static library is the default

Sorry for bombarding this list today..
:s

-lostbits