[vtkusers] Updating view in vtkCanvas.

Said. Said.El_Kasmi at sophia.inria.fr
Wed Oct 1 09:45:51 EDT 2003

Hi vtkusers,

The screenshot
http://www-sop.inria.fr/caiman/personnel/Said.El_Kasmi/vtk/vtk.htm give
an idea about the environement for visualization and simulations'
steering I'm developping. The concept is very simple, I have a solver
connected to the desktop. The solver compute a solution and send it to
the desktop every N iteration where N is one of the simulation
paraneters. The desktop should, every time a new solution arrives,
update the 3D View.

To accomlish this, I use vtkCanvas in an JInternalFrame this way:

class Desktop{

	PlotFrame pf;
	:
	:
	public void update3DView(){
		pf.update();
	}

}

class PlotFrame extends JInternalFrame{

	vtkCanvas renWin;
	:
	:
	public void update(){
		renWin.Render();
	}

}

The probleme is the call desktop.update3DView(); have no effect that
means the call renWin.Render() have NO EFFECT TOO. So to update the view
I'm obliged to do the call : pf.updateUI(); to perform the updating view
operation.

Does any of you have an idea about how to resolv this problem. THANKS.