[vtkusers] frame rate

Paul Tait paul at opes.com.au
Sun Nov 30 21:10:44 EST 2003

My vtk app runs ok on new video hardware but struggles on older matrox g400
harware. So I implemented vtkLODActor which works well... except I get
points/bounding boxes on my new nvidia card even though it runs smoothly
with standard actors. I've dropped thr desired framerate to 1 fps but I
still get points/bounding boxes. Do I need to do anything else apart from

this->Interactor->SetDesiredUpdateRate(1);

I was also thinking about trying to make a runtime decison on wether I
should instantiate a LOD or not. Is there a simple way to get framecount or
fps?

Thanks Paul