[vtkusers] refresh window during animation

Kai Ludwig kai.ludwig at uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Nov 25 10:28:47 EST 2003

Helder Carvalho wrote:
> Hi,
> I´ve created an animation, using VTK showing the  different stages one
> of my models have to take until it gets finished. The animation is ok,
> however if i press a mouse button or minimize the window the render
> window goes White, and never renders again.
> Does anyone know a way to overcome this and refresh the window so that
> the animation keeps showing as it should?

Hi Helder,

what vtk classes do you use ?

I work with a vtkRenderWindow (vtk4.2.2, g++ 3.2, SuSE8.1) and call the
Render() function in a loop, in which 3D data are changed - works fine.

If you're interested, go to the cvs repository of

http://sourceforge.net/projects/echempp

and look into the directories

GUI/Visualization
GUI/Visualization/test

there are files beginning with Vtk, e.g. VtkPage corresponds to a
vtkRenderWindow.
The animation is then tested in the test program VtkVisualizationTest.cc

However, I don't know how to realize an interaction while this animation
runs (rotations, zooming,...). Any idea ?

Kai