[vtkusers] MarchingCubes in ParallelISO

Sun Geun Kim sungeun at ecn.purdue.edu
Fri Nov 21 21:32:40 EST 2003

Hi,

I really need your help.
I am writing the program for MPI cluster to create iso-surfaces with
Marching Cubes function.
So, I am modifying the example, "ParallelISO.cxx".
In that program, I am using vtkMarchingCubes instead of vtkContourFilter
because vtkContourFilter works slowly, compared to vtkMarchingCubes.
When I use the only 1 process, there is no problem. But, the problem is
when I use more than 2 process on MPI cluster.
Each process generate the iso surface, but on the final image, the
triangle set from each process is located at the wrong place. For
example, if I use 2 process to generate the triangles, two triangle sets
from two process overlap.

If I reall want to use vtkMarchingCubes function, what should I do?
Is this because of some bugs?

Thank you in advance.

Sun Geun Kim.