[vtkusers] Problems with ATI video-card and vtk

Jose Luis Pina jlpina at ivo.cps.unizar.es
Thu Nov 20 14:07:19 EST 2003

Hi:

We are developing an application with vtk 4.2 and Tcl/tk 8.3 in Pentium
III,500.
We have Linux 2.4.20-19.9SMP RedHat 9.0 and recently installed an
ATI Raedon 9200 SE Atlantis,128Mb DDR because the old Nvidia crashed.

When we try to display a volume with Ray casting, i.e Volume Rendering,
and polygons together in the same Window  (lines, cubes,...)  the volume
disappear.
With the same vtkRenderer or with different, the volume is not displayed.
The only way to see the volume is render it alone, if we only do Volume
Rendering it display the volume but if we resize the window some strange
behavior appears, slow movement, flickering...
The same scripts .tcl was working fine with Nvidia.
If someone have a similar configuration or a similar problem solved, please
notify me.
Thanks in advance Jose Luis.

CPS.Universidad de Zaragoza. (Spain)
Jose Luis Pina Martinez