[vtkusers] VTK+JAVA Crash in mouse events

Jeff Lee jeff at cdnorthamerica.com
Wed Nov 19 06:45:41 EST 2003

Shyam Prakash wrote:

>Jeff,
>	The program that I sent you was just to demonstrate my problem.
>Your idea of actors getting gc'ed while they are still in renderer could
>be a possibility. But then I can not convince my self how this could
>happen as the actor still has a reference to the renderer. Do you have
>any idea?

The way you coded it, as I recall, was to assign an ivar called actor =
new vtkActor() and then added it to the renderer.  The next time you do
this, the previous actor has no more references (even though the
Renderer in c++ added a consumer, this is not the same as adding a
reference).  Since you added the old one, but did not remove it, the
object was finalized while still in the renderer, causing the errors.
In short, the actor doesn't have a reference to the renderer, only a
list of consumers.
-Jeff