[vtkusers] clipping a surface with its contour

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Wed Nov 19 05:50:09 EST 2003

Cleo Pau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Given a surface (not planar), is it possible to clip out the part
> outside its contour-isoline (which might have more than one connected
> components)?

Not sure I understood the question. You have a 3D surface with a single
contour line and you want to clip the surface above or below that line?

Have you tried vtkThresholdTextureCoords?

See example Graphics/Testing/Tcl/textureThreshold.tcl and see

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkThresholdTextureCoords.html

Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre at cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/people/Favre.html
CSCS, Swiss Center for Scientific Computing | Tel:  +41 (91) 610.82.40