[vtkusers] ImagePlaneWidget demo

dean.inglis at camris.ca dean.inglis at camris.ca
Fri Nov 14 15:33:09 EST 2003

Hi David,

>lacking a middle button on my Windows machine, I
>am unable to move the widgets. Shift-Left-Button
>is supposed to work in place of a middle button
>(VTK User's Guide, p. 41, near bottom), but this
>doesn't work in this case. Do you have any ideas?

a temporary workaround if you have the
latest cvs fo VTK, is to change what the
buttons do:

from /Examples/GUI/Tcl/ImagePlaneWidget.tcl

<snip>

vtkImagePlaneWidget planeWidgetX
  planeWidgetX DisplayTextOn
  planeWidgetX SetInput [v16 GetOutput]
  planeWidgetX SetPlaneOrientationToXAxes
  planeWidgetX SetSliceIndex 32
  planeWidgetX SetPicker picker
  planeWidgetX SetKeyPressActivationValue "x"
  set prop1 [planeWidgetX GetPlaneProperty]
  $prop1 SetColor 1 0 0
#
# set the left mouse button to do the pushing
#
  planeWidgetX SetLeftButtonAction 1
#
# set the middle mouse button to do the cursoring
#
  planeWidgetX SetMiddleButtonAction 0

<snip>

of course, you could just purchase a 3 button mouse ...

Dean