[vtkusers] discards qualifiers

Alle Meije Wink a.m.wink at home.nl
Fri Nov 7 19:09:16 EST 2003

Hi,

I have an problem with VTK that I don't know how to solve. VTK 4 was
installed on my computer some time ago, and after a number of upgrades
it needed to be recompiled. I tried to download 4.3.2 and install it
myself, but after <actually quite some time of compilation> an error
message is returned:

/usr/local/vtk-4.2.3/Rendering/vtkTkRenderWidget.cxx:532: passing `const
char *' as argument 3 of `Tk_CreateWindowFromPath(Tcl_Interp *,
Tk_Window_ *, char *, char *)' discards qualifiers
make[3]: *** [vtkTkRenderWidget.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Rendering] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

My c compiler is gcc 3.3.2. I changed it to gcc-2.95 in the ccmake file.
This does get the installation process a little further, but eventually,
I run into problems (always in the renderwidget area).

Is there maybe some compiler directive that I should set? Or is there
something wrong with the setup of my computer?

Thanks for any help (maybe older email messages that treat this
problem).

Regards

--

 Alle Meije Wink

 Institute for Mathematics and Computing Science
 University of Groningen

 P.O. Box 800			9700 AV Groningen
 Telephone: +31 50 363 71 27	Fax: +31 50 363 38 00
 E-mail: a.m.wink at cs.rug.nl	WWW: http://www.cs.rug.nl/~wink

   (see http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html)