[vtkusers] Problems with vtkCanvas and vtkRenderingJava.dll

MacKinnon, David David.MacKinnon at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Fri Nov 7 10:17:32 EST 2003

Thank you for the information, Shyam. Part of it worked with a bit of
tweaking.

1) I added a package vtk; to the start of vtkPanel. I noticed this when the
-d option didn't create the vtk subdirectory.

2) Lock() in the vtkPanel.java was private so when vtkCanvas extended
vtkPanel and attempted to use it, a compile error was generated. I reset the
scope to protected which solved the problem.

3) vtkRenderingJava.dll is still an issue and is the point in vktPanel that
fails. I made sure jawt.dll was in the path but the problem still exists.
I'll try building the vtk libraries from source to see if that fixes the
problem. I tried compiling it yesterday (using Visual C++) but it appears
the source I obtained does not contain the java render library.

Any other suggestions for the vtkRenderingJava.dll problem are greatly
appreciated.

David,