[vtkusers] InteractorStyle in vtkBorlandRenderWindow

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Thu Nov 6 14:49:19 EST 2003

Hi Yang,

>I use a vtkPlaneWidget to "probe" a volume data set and render my image
>on a vtkBorlandRenderWindow (RenWin). This works OK and I could interact
>with the planewidget (see attachment). The problem is that I had to set

>RenWin->GetInteractor()->SetInteractorStyle(planeWidget);

this should not be done and it would be surprising if wierd behaviour
were not happening.  You should only be doing:

planeWidget->SetInteractor(RenWin->GetInteractor());

the other actors are static wehn you set the interactorstyle to the
widget because planeWidget is not an interactorstyle in the usual sense.

>But other actors are static and never respond to any mouse action after I
press "i"
>key to exit planewidget interaction.

Were the actors interactive before you activated the plane widget with the
"i" key?  Why do you have to disable the rotation?  You could set the
interactorstyle
of the borland renderwindow component to vtkInteractorStyleImage which has
no
left mouse button rotation capability.

Dean