[vtkusers] InteractorStyle in vtkBorlandRenderWindow

Xianjin Yang Yang at AGIUSA.COM
Wed Nov 5 13:44:36 EST 2003

 <<planewidget.jpg>>
Dear vtkusers,

I use a vtkPlaneWidget to "probe" a volume data set and render my image
on a vtkBorlandRenderWindow (RenWin). This works OK and I could interact
with the planewidget (see attachment). The problem is that I had to set

RenWin->GetInteractor()->SetInteractorStyle(planeWidget);

By doing this, I can rotate, resize, and translate the planewidget. But
other
actors are static and never respond to any mouse action after I press "i"
key
to exit planewidget interaction.

FYI, I have a simple class (DisableRotation) to disable the rotation by the
left
mouse button, which is inherited from vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera. My
RenWin's interactor style is switched back and forth between DisableRotation
&
vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera because I show different images in RenWin
one after another. If I set the interactorstyle to
vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera,
I could never see my planewidget after pressing "i" key.

I'd like to achieve the effect in
VTK/Examples/GUI/Tcl/ProbingWithPlaneWidget.tcl,
but do not know what is the right interactorstyle.

Thank you for your help.

Yang