[vtkusers] vtkInteractor observer

Steven Boyd skboyd at ucalgary.ca
Mon Nov 3 18:14:57 EST 2003

Hi,

Can somebody please tell me how to add an observer/callback to the
default vtkRenderWindowInteractor so that when in 'a' (Actor) mode, I
can update my GUI to reflect the current actor matrix?

I noticed that when more than one actor is in the window, I can use the
mouse to modify actor matrices independently from each other.  If
somebody could show me how to print to screen (terminal window) the
matrix values for the actor while it is being manipulated in the
RenderWindow, I could figure out the rest from there.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Steve

--
Steven Boyd, PhD

Assistant Professor
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
University of Calgary
2500 University Drive, N.W.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2N 1N4

tel. 1.403.220.4173  fax. 1.403.282.8406  skboyd at ucalgary.ca