[vtkusers] Trouble running Java and VTK on Windows XP

Walter O' Grady walterogrady at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 3 12:21:11 EST 2003

Hello,

I'm having trouble running Java and VTK on Windows XP. I had it working
successfully on earlier versions of windows by altering the PATH etc in the
autoexec file. However with windows XP the autoexec file seems to be
different and it doesn't have a PATH line in it. I'm using a textpad editer,
the latest version of java 2 platform and vtk 4.0 but when I compile the
code an error appears saying that vtk does not exist. I've tried installing
vtk 4.2 but the CMake program cannot install it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Walter.