[vtkusers] assigning scalar values to gridpoints

Steffen Oeltze Steffen.Oeltze at Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Sat May 31 07:01:52 EDT 2003

Dear VTK-users,

I've got a grid an I'd like to assign scalar values to certain
gridpoints. At the moment I'm using
grid->GetPointData()->SetScalars("vtkFloatArray"); for that purpose. My
scalar-array is of
the same size as my grid. That 's been ok as long as I visited each
gridpoint in a for-loop. However,
I have improved my algorithm and now, I calculate values only at certain
gridpoints.
Is there a way to assign a certain value to a specific gridpoint and to
set all the other gridpoint
values to zero ?

Steffen