[vtkusers] Performance of vtkContourFilter

Amit Tikekar amitt at tataelxsi.co.in
Thu May 29 05:42:05 EDT 2003

Hi,

I used vtkContourFilter to get the contours in a 2D image. But the response
/execution time increased as:
1) The number of contours were increased.
2) The size of the image was increased.

This shortcoming has raised many ?'s
1) Is this filter so slow ? If I doing something wrong, how do I overcome
this shortcoming ?
2) Is this the case with the rest of the filters as well ?

I had started exploring VTK because in the long run ahead, I wished to make
use of its functionaliy in some imaging related products that operate on
small datasets. But since the response time is slow, I am in a a state of
dilemma whether to stick with VTK or choose a differnt library.

Please help & advice.

Regards
Amit