[vtkusers] vtkFeatureEdges and memory abuse !

Sebastien Auclair sxa at fluent.com
Wed May 28 08:32:36 EDT 2003

I guess there was some confusion over my usage of the word "Leak" in my
pervious messages !
It's more a problem of memory consumption. (500K per vtkFeatureEdges
instances)
On top of that, the memory isn't released.

I re-attached the corrected version of the modified Win32cone sample i
previously sent. (Use it to replace the one in the Win32Cone example
directory of your vtk40 or vtk42 installation.)

If you debug the code and stop just before the line  "edges->Update();",
you'll see that after this line executes, the application takes around 500 K
of additional memory.
It does that each time you instantiate and update a vtkFeatureEdges. (Some
other filter may have the same odd behavior !)

I'll debug the vtkFeatureEdges today and see if i can find the source of the
problem ! (But if someone knows the answer !...make yourself eared .)

Thanks for any help !
Seb