[vtkusers] Beginner

Jeremy Winston winston at cat.rpi.edu
Tue May 27 12:36:52 EDT 2003

yan zhang wrote:

> hello, Everyone
>
> I'm new to VTK. I am plan to use VTK with VC++ 6.0 on W2K platform.
> Could you recommend some literature, websites or methods to me?
> I try to find some from this mailing list, but there are too many
> mails, I don't know how to get the suitable parts. :(

Yan,
    The mailing list archive was the right place to look.
If you don't know about visualization, then the best place
to start if you plan to use vtk would be with the textbook:
http://www.kitware.com/products/vtktextbook.html
    Otherwise, the Users' Guide is a good place to start
to learn how to install and use vtk:
http://www.kitware.com/products/vtkguide.html

    Once you've got it installed and running, the best way
to learn it is to wade through the many examples in the
Examples directory.

    For getting specific questions answered, the mailing list
archive is the first place to look (use the 2nd form at):
http://www.kitware.com/search.html

    If that fails, then posting to the mailing list is the
next thing to try.

-Jeremy