[vtkusers] Bug in vtkBMPReader ?

Steve Boyd skboyd at ucalgary.ca
Fri May 23 19:37:57 EDT 2003

Hi,

It seems to me that the method SetFileNameSliceOffset() is not working
properly.  As an example, I want to read in the following series of
bmps:

  Al300.bmp
  Al301.bmp
  Al310.bmp

  I set extent to [1,256,1,256,300,310] and then run the following code
snippet:

  vtkBMPReader *bmps = vtkBMPReader::New();
    bmps->SetFilePrefix(filename);
    bmps->SetFileNameSliceOffset(300);
    bmps->SetFileNameSliceSpacing(1);
    bmps->SetFilePattern("%s%.3d.bmp");
    bmps->SetDataExtent(extent);
    bmps->SetDataSpacing(el_size_mm);
    bmps->Allow8BitBMPOn();

  As a check that the file name was properly arranged with
SetFilePattern(), I do a check:

    bmps->ComputeInternalFileName(300);
    cout << "filename: " << bmps->GetInternalFileName() << endl;

  The output of this in my command window is:

  >> filename: D:\Al600.bmp

  Something is work as I think it should read "D:\Al300.bmp", no?

Thanks,

Steve

--
Steven Boyd, PhD

Assistant Professor
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
University of Calgary
2500 University Drive, N.W.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2N 1N4

tel. 1.403.220.4173  fax. 1.403.282.8406  skboyd at ucalgary.ca