[vtkusers] Pipeline Bug !

Sebastien Auclair sxa at fluent.com
Fri May 23 14:00:15 EDT 2003

Greetings !

We have a small and simple pipeline but with a branch :

vtkPolyData->vtkPolyDataNormals->vtkAppendedPolyData1->Mapper1->actor1

|->vtkFeatureEdges->->vtkAppendedPolyData2->Mapper2->actor2

THE PROBLEM :
    The vtkFeatureEdges is connected to the OutPut of the
"vtkPolyDataNormals" instance and when we do "Update()" on it
(vtkFeatureEdges), it takes about 500K of memory.

This is to display a simple cube with its the edges (as two actors), and
each time we create one, our application is growing in memory by a factor of
500K each time !!!!

Any clues ?
P.S. The rest of the pipeline and the only takes a few K.
        VTK4.0 on Win2K machines.