[vtkusers] WindowsPlatform + VTK4.0 or 4.2 + VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB + Print/PrintSelf/ methods does not work

Bauer Harald Harald.Bauer at fh-hagenberg.at
Thu May 22 06:08:49 EDT 2003

Hello,

To prevent from misunderstandings a better description of my problem:

I am working with Windows XP using VTK4.0 / VTK4.2.
For console output, I use std::cout. (to be able to use the standard io libraries, I set the VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB to true and recompiled all the libraries).
Unfortunately, I can not use the Print / PrintSelf /  or similar methods (all using iostream) ? I get a runtime error (linking is successful!).
( I suppose it is not important that i also use the VTK_DEBUG_LEAKS functionality)

Once, a vtkUsers already had this problem with console outputs; because i found his former request. However, The hint you gave him, was to execute a flush() -- but I am sure that is not the problem because of the runtime error.

I hope, everything should be clear now.
In hope for help,

Harald