[vtkusers] All Print/PrintSelf/ methods do not work with VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB !!

Bauer Harald Harald.Bauer at fh-hagenberg.at
Thu May 22 04:26:56 EDT 2003

Hello,

First of all, sorry for asking you directly and not via the vtkUsersList - but I think you are the expert !

However, please give me a hint for solving the following problem (I tried vtk4.0 and vtk4.2):

The Print/PrintSelf/.. methods (all console outputs by VTK I think) do not work with VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB !!

If I put a try - catch block around a print statement,

e.g: myCubes->Print(cout);

I just see the name of the class and a bracket -> and the catch block is entered afterwards (run-time error!)

e.g: vtkMarchingCubes (

Please can you help me !!!

Harald