[vtkusers] Change vtkRenderWindowInterator

Matei MANCAS matei.mancas at tcts.fpms.ac.be
Tue May 20 11:31:27 EDT 2003

Hello all!

    My goal is to get an image x,y coordinates by clicking on the left mouse button. I have this code for instance :

int *position;
position=my_vtkRenderWindowInteractor->GetEventPosition();

position[0] and position[1] contain the x,y coordinates but, when I click using the left mouse button, the initial interactor make an image rotation...

    How could I block this rotation ? I would want that nothing happens when I click on the left mouse button. In this way, I can get mouse position when clicking without disturbing the image.

    And a second question : this method gives the real pixel coordinates of the vtkRenderWindow. Is there any method to get direct vtkImageData pixel coordinates (which are not the same as render window's : it depends on the image spacing and the space between the window bondaries and the renderer... )???

Thanks by advance,

Matei