[vtkusers] Re: Shear-wrap volume rendering algorithm (Pal Srinivas)

Stefan Bruckner stefan.bruckner at chello.at
Sun May 18 17:19:44 EDT 2003

Hi!

I just saw the messages in the Mailing list. I am one of the authors of
this Shear-Warp implementation, and it is pretty much finished by now.
However, the files you find at that link are pretty outdated (a very
early alpha version actually), might be very buggy and are not fully
functional (perspective projection is does not work at all). That's the
reason why there's not link to these files on the web pages.

However, a final open-source version will be available soon, in which
these things will be resolved. As soon it is available, I will post a
message to the mailing list. In the meantime, you may use the source at
the given location, but be aware that this is just a development
snapshot and might not work as expected (or might not work at all on
your system). Also note that some parts of the API are subject to
change: e.g. the final version will interface different render modes
similar to vtkVolumeRayCastMapper (i.e. there will be
vtkVolumeShearWarpIsosurfaceFunction, vtkVolumeShearWarpMIPFunction,
etc. classes instead of methods in the vtkVolumeShearWarpMapper class to
set the compositing function).

--
Stefan Bruckner