[vtkusers] How to dynamically create an instance of vtkActor?

godach at juno.com godach at juno.com
Sun May 18 02:54:21 EDT 2003

Hello,

I am out of luck trying to come up with a nice way to create actors at run-time. Suppose I would like to create a program that allows users to create an instance of a sphere with a unique char/string id by clicking on a button, and upon picking, should return the id as well as the pointer to the sphere, depending on the call. What is the standard way of such implementation? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Daniel