[vtkusers] volume rendering large data

Tuhin Sinha tk.sinha at vanderbilt.edu
Fri May 16 11:15:34 EDT 2003

Felix,

  I have rendered datasets that large on a system significantly slower than
the one you describe using the standard volume rendering pipepline in VTK and
texture mapping.  To improve framerates, I subsampled my data by a factor of
2 using vtkExtractVOI.  Start with SimpleTextureMap2D.tcl in the
Examples/VolumeRendering directory of your VTK source tree.  You should be
able to hack that code to get your visualization up and running.

Tuhin Sinha