[vtkusers] vtkPolydataConnectivityFilter...

R K Shyamprakash ramakrishna.prakash at quest-global.com
Wed May 14 21:45:03 EDT 2003

You can remove a region based on your mouse click in the following manner.

vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter fil = new vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter();
fil.SetInput(input);
fil.SetExtractionModeToClosestPoint();
fil.SetClosestPoint(x,y,z); //x,y,z is the world coordinates based on mouse
position

vtkPolyDataMapper .... blah,blah,blah.......
.
Now you have the region which is closest to the point specified extracted.
Is this what you are looking for?

--Shyam