[vtkusers] Why do I need both VTK LIBs and DLLs

dean.inglis at on.aibn.com dean.inglis at on.aibn.com
Tue May 13 10:59:50 EDT 2003

Hi Yang,

did you try building VTK static libs instead of
shared libs and then link to those libs in your
BCB project?

Dean

Hi vtkusers,

I am using vtk 4.2 and Borland C++ Builder 6 on a PC running WinXP Pro. I added
all required VTK LIB files to my C++ project. However, my C++ program did not
run without VTK DLLs installed on my client PCs. On my Project | Options |
Linker settings, I unchecked "Use Dynamic RTL". Is there anyway to get rid of
this DLL requirement? Do I have to use both VTK LIBs and DLLs? Will any guru
please straighten this up? Thanks a lot. Yang.