[vtkusers] OS X VTK: SetFrontProcess, vtkTkRenderWidget

Chris Scharver scharver at evl.uic.edu
Fri May 9 17:06:27 EDT 2003

At 2:50 PM -0600 05/09/2003, Gordon Kindlmann wrote:
>Are both of these problems related to using Cocoa instead of Carbon?

Yes. There's a problem with Cocoa programs compiled as command-line "tools" rather than packaged applications. The same source built as a packaged application using ProjectBuilder will sometimes work just fine. I have filed this as a bug with Apple (#3173439 if anyone else out there checks Radar), but I haven't heard any news on that bug report for a couple of months.

If you're using VTK bindings to other languages, you should probably build using Carbon rather than Cocoa.

Chris
--
Chris Scharver
Electronic Visualization Laboratory