[vtkusers] 4.0 -> 4.2 strangeness

Paul Tait paul at opes.com.au
Tue May 6 21:45:56 EDT 2003

Hi All

I've just converted my app from 4.0 to 4.2 and two parts have stopped
working. tubes and strips

The below code was working with no runtime errors or warnings (still no
runtime warnings BTW) about the points being the same etc

wellPolyData = vtkPolyData::New();
wellPolyDataMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
wellActor = vtkActor::New();
wellCellArray = vtkCellArray::New();
tubes = vtkTubeFilter::New();

wellPolyData->SetPoints(wellPoints);
wellCellArray->InsertNextCell(2, &idx[0]);
wellPolyData->SetLines(wellCellArray);
tubes->SetInput(wellPolyData);
tubes->SetRadius(8.0);
tubes->SetNumberOfSides(6);
wellPolyDataMapper->SetInput(tubes->GetOutput());
wellActor->SetMapper(wellPolyDataMapper);
Props->AddItem(wellActor);

if I remove the tubefilter my lines display ok

I've got some vtkAxes which are wrapped in a vtkTubefilter which works so
its feels like data

also

polydataTop->SetPoints(pts);
polydataTop->SetPolys(polysTop);     // triangle data
topStrip->SetInput(polydataTop);
mapCellTop->SetInput(topStrip->GetOutput());

used to work ok but now also fails silently. If I use

mapCellTop->SetInput(polydataTop);

everything works ok again

I've had to rebuild vtk as I use STL/streams etc and I built it as a  static
library BTW

W2K Sp3 VC6 Sp5