[vtkusers] protected constructor/desctructor in vtk clases

Seema Jaisinghani seemri at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 13:09:46 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am trying to create my own class of a datablock
which essentially consists of vtkstructuredpoints,
float arrays and some functions that manipulate the
data...the reason of going thru this is that whenever
the application is run, a new set of data and the
associated arrays etc can be loaded.
However, I am getting compilation errors, since it
seems that the vtkstructuredpoints constructor is
being accessed and that is protected!

it shows this error at the point of datablock
constructor and destructor

c:\vtk_datavis\vtk_dynamicreader\datablock.h(50) :
error C2248:
'vtkStructuredPoints::vtkStructuredPoints' : cannot
access protected member declared in class
'vtkStructuredPoints'
        c:\program
files\vtk40\vtk\common\vtkstructuredpoints.h(74) : see
declaration of
'vtkStructuredPoints::vtkStructuredPoints'

I searched thru the list about this, and found that it
has been done to avoid things like creating an array
of vtk objects.
Is their a solution around it and how do I work it
out?
Please help with any suggestions.

Thanks,
Seema