[vtkusers] vtkLight bug ...

Sebastien Auclair sxa at fluent.com
Tue May 6 12:56:34 EDT 2003

Sorry for the repost but we still don't know if this is a bug in VTK or if
we did something wrong !

 (See attached images)

In "before.jpg", we have 2 spheres, 1 camera and 1 light at the camera
position and set to follow it. (i.e. Follow the camera !)
In the "after.jpg" image, we can see that the red sphere was rotated 90° on
its Y axis.
This rotation wasn't done on the actor but on the dataset representing the
sphere. (At the beginning of the red sphere's graphic pipeline)
    (i.e. I do this by creating a rotation matrix (vtkMatrix4x4) and
applying it to the original points associated with the red sphere !)
    We do not use any interactor and,...of course, no interactorStyle.

As you can see in the "after.jpg" image, the red sphere doesn't seem to
update the way its receiving light !

Thanks for any clues or pointers on how i may solve this problem !

Seb